Hello to my readers! This blog started out its life as a travel blog, but now I think it will be better suited as a lifestyle blog. Sure, there will be some travel-related posts, but since I’m not traveling as much as I once was, and I would still like to use the blog, I’m going to change course a little. Maybe I will lose some followers, but maybe I will gain some as well. In the end, I’m mostly writing for myself anyway. I would like to enjoy the little things in life and flesh out some of my insights here to have a nice record of my life. So here goes.
If you are a return reader who remembers me as an English teacher in Prague, let me update you on my life a bit. After leaving Prague nearly a year ago, I moved to Minnesota to peruse a masters degree in teaching English as a second language. I have an assistantship where I teach one undergraduate ESL class a semester. It keeps me pretty busy, but being in a state so far from home, I also have plenty of time to explore and search within myself to determine what really defines me. I am about to finish up my second semester (out of 4) and am looking forward to a trip home for the holidays!
Now that we are all caught up, I can tell you a bit about what I am envisioning for this blog from here on out. As I said, it’s mostly for me because I enjoy writing and want to remember things from my daily life. But that’s not to say readers can enjoy the contents and maybe even learn a little something too.
I know that a blog should try to write for a niche. But when I tried to decide on a niche, it was way too hard. There are lots of things I like, and nothing that I’m a total expert in (besides maybe ESL, but I really don’t feel like studying and teaching it all week and then writing about it! Maybe a few posts here and there). Okay, I’m not going to become rich and famous from this blog, but it can be what I really want it to be. You will occasionally see posts about the following things:
- Vegan cooking – I’ve been vegan for about 4 months now, and I absolutely love vegan cooking! It is so nice putting together a hearty meal using no animal products. I would like to share some insight into the vegan lifestyle as well as recipes and meal ideas.
- Book reviews – I decided to cancel my internet in hopes of reading more books. I want to read Modern Library’s list of 100 best novels and non-fiction books. So when I finish one, I’ll write what I thought of it here.
- Running inspiration – I’ve done several 5ks and one 10k and would like to improve my status as a runner and do even more races! I will share training plans, meal ideas, and general inspiration for running.
- Lifestyle tips – as I try to live a more focused, driven life, I will share some ideas of things that work well for me here.
- Adventures – I will share some of my everyday adventures as well as special trips I take. After all, this started as a travel blog and I love writing about and visiting new places!
There will probably be some other random things that I post about too. I hope you’re with me on my next phase of blogging!!